Pharmacy Floor Tech Team Leader / Supervisor
|Post Date:||Dec 30, 2017||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||12/30/2017||Salary:|| |
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, PCA Pharmacy has served long-term care and institutional healthcare facilities since 1994. With the guiding imperative to meet and exceed the resident’s needs, PCA partners with personal/skilled care or assisted living facilities to address the unique pharmacy needs of their residents through specialized clinical and operational support services. Exceptional professional service and personal concern are our commitments.
PCA Pharmacy is an Ancillary division of Trilogy Health Services, which is an award winning company that is leading the way in employee benefits, professional development, personal wellness and recognition. We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization. We offer a positive company culture that includes:
- Weekly Pay!
- Professional Growth
- Generous Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
The PCA Pharmacy Floor Tech Team Leader reports directly to the Pharmacist in Charge. This position has oversight of the filling of pharmacy orders and the timely packing of medication orders. Ensures that packing machines, heating units, label printers and computer equipment is in working condition. Answers and responds to escalated Pharmacist and customer inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the packing of all medications.
- Oversees and ensure that all prepack machines and heating units are operational.
- Ensures the proper use of label printers by staff.
- Oversees the proper clean-up techniques used for prepack machines. Adheres to policies and procedures on operational standards.
- Manages the stocking and restocking of all stock cards.
- Oversees the retrieving and sorting of all medication to be packaged.
- Ensures the proper handling of hand-filled drugs including CII and chemotherapy drugs.
- Manages and ensures that all pre-packed medication is taken to the Pharmacist area for checking and control processing/verification.
- Receives and responds to packing complaints and/or issues. Forwards escalated concerns to the Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC).
- Reviews and verifies customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Assists specified departments or units in the preparation and shipment of orders to designated locations.
- Reviews prepack orders for completeness according to reporting procedures and forwards incomplete orders for further processing.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.
- Meets Expectations of Excellence for position.
- Supports facilities, departmental goals and the overall objectives of the Company.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and standards of ethical conduct.
- Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach.
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures, rules and standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fundamental electronic medical/pharmacy tools, computerized systems, concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Guidelines for Schedule 2 (II) Drugs as required by the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).
- Federal and state regulations, facility policies, procedures and programs as pertaining to pharmacy, long term care industry and rehab services.
- Compliance with external regulatory agencies and organizations for all areas of responsibility.
- Preparing, processing and maintaining transaction documentation, files and records.
- Gathering and compiling information and analyzing and adjusting discrepancies.
- Project management from conception to evaluation, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adhere to deadlines.
- Ongoing development of a servant leadership culture that strives to achieve the highest ethical standards.
- Organization with strong attention to detail.
- Understand and interpret pharmacy information and data.
- Arrange items or actions in a certain order pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Identify and recommend solutions to problems.
- Manage multiple tasks and deadlines accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Organize, prioritize and track multiple tasks with strong attention to efficiency and detail.
- Work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- High School degree or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician as required by State regulatory requirements.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ pharmacy experience. Healthcare, senior living industry, pharmacy or long-term care environment preferred.
- QS1 experience preferred.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.