EH&S Laboratory Specialist
* Minimum 2-3 years in the Lab Services, Facilities, Shipping and Receiving operations
* Environmental Health and Safety Knowledge a plus
* Experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
* Good understanding of chemical safety information and storage, chemical and medical waste storage and EH&S procedures in the workplace.
* Knowledge of DOT/IATA and other EHS related regulations
* Experience with shipping and receiving procedures, and reconciliation procedures
* Work order and preventative maintenance system program knowledge a plus
* Ensure the proper storage of chemical products
* Ensure delivery of chemicals and pick-up of properly packaged chemical and medical waste
* Ensure OSHA, NFPA, local safety and environmental regulatory compliance and security standards in the storage of chemicals and waste
* Maintain updated MSDS content
* Perform Industrial Hygiene monitoring for laboratory personnel as required
* Perform spill cleanup of chemicals and other hazardous waste as appropriate
* Perform required inspections of laboratory and chemical inspection areas and maintain records
* Perform Shower / Eye Wash Inspections as required. Assist with implementation of corrective actions
* Perform glassware cleaning as an FDA covered process and autoclaving.
* Maintain stocks of standard lab supplies, chemicals/reagents, gas cylinders, etc. and write purchase orders
* Record and file purchase orders
* Assist with resolution of receiving issues with Accounting and Purchasing
* Serve as contact person for lab services, including hazardous waste and biowaste pick-up
* Maintain cleanliness of all Laboratory Services areas, including glassmaking, autoclave, waste areas, etc.
* Maintain required training including FDA, EPA, NJDEP, DOT/IATA, and OSHA
* Contribute to the development and implementation of EH&S training for site
* Responsible for interacting directly with the service providers related to Lab Services Equipment
* Administrative responsibilities as needed
* Participate on EHS Committee
* Complete laboratory services functions at all New Jersey sites
If you are interested in this opportunity please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with ' EHS Specialist' in the subject line or call 732-636-1497
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.