Senior Calibration Metrology Specialist (cGMP - Pharmaceutical) JD817779
Boston, MA area
DPS is looking for a knowledgeable Calibration Specialist to work with a pharmaceutical client in the Greater Boston, MA area. Ideal candidates should have a strong understanding of biotech and pharmaceutical GMP industries and will be expected to provide an assessment of their calibration program and help implement technical improvements. This individual must be able to work independently to create a robust Calibration Data Management System and ensure that facility instrumentation is calibrated properly and on schedule to comply with good calibration/metrology guidelines.
- Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of complex analytical instrumentation for manufacturing, laboratory or calibration/metrology applications.
- Develop and maintain a Calibration Metrology system and train others in it.
- Investigate major instrument-related problem areas and determine best course of action for resolution.
- Generate ideas and suggestions for reducing calibration turnaround time.
- Work with equipment vendors to schedule, perform and review reports for calibration.
- Assist engineers with determination of calibration requirements for new or changed equipment.
- Create, review, and approve internal Standard Operating Procedures, out-of-tolerance reports and investigations as needed.
- Develop techniques as necessary to ascertain that newly acquired or developed Measurement and Test Equipment performs in accordance with required specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in metrology.
- Special training in the calibration of pressure, temperature humidity, participate, voltage current, air samplers, dimensional, mechanical and physical devices.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications as well as asset management software.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and understanding of cGMP, GDP, and FDA requirements as they apply to processing.