Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the planning and design of broadband communication systems supporting Comcast Business Services customers. Inspects projects periodically to ensure adherence to project specifications. Works closely with vendors and local and state officials to ensure projects are completed without issues. Meets with project stakeholders to determine availability of services. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
• Oversees the planning and designing of broadband communication systems, including the construction process. Manages workflow, production planning and control, and material and labor cost control.
• Monitors all staff and conducts quality control inspections to ensure adherence to all Company specifications and procedures.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of all capital projects and expense proposals. Reviews, tracks, and approves all invoices. Produces periodic financial statements.
• Provides accurate documentation of all projects. Tracks and generates reports on project status.
• Collaborates with state and local officials to ensure proper licenses are obtained and projects meet state and local guidelines/requirements. Meets with vendors to coordinate project schedules; negotiates terms and conditions for projects. Develops budget
• Establishes and maintains standards and practices. Implements and coordinates policies and procedures to uphold safety standards and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Meets with stakeholders, including developers and customers, to determine infrastructure requirements for services availability.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Work very closely with Product management on new product development to understand deployment and implementation requirements, system impacts, training needs, playbook creation.
• Build relationships through close collaboration with T&P Business Services Next Gen Access team comprised of three directors, one director per division on planning and implementation initiatives.
• Leads the planning and implementation of major projects. Works with various partnered engineering and management teams to develop implementation guidelines and resource requirements.
• Manages and tracks technology development and ensures timely quality assurance lab testing for all deployed hardware.
• Works closely with vendors on product development and product support that meets deployment timelines.
• Work closely with our MNO (Mobile Network Operators) customers on new product deployment, trials and lead the coordination of network activity with field operations personnel.
• Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continual improvement and quality of communications related to deployment initiatives.
• Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
• Computer Science, Engineering
Years of Experience
• Generally requires 8-11 years related experience in Network Engineering on IP Networks.
• Familiarity with wireless communications systems, DOCSIS technologies, IP networking, transport platforms, hardware deployment is required.
• Thorough understanding of product and software development lifecycle processes, procedures and tools is required.
• Experience working within cross-functional/matrix organization in the successful completion of assigned deliverables is required.
• Excellent communications and presentation skills are required.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer