Order Type :
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an experienced Safety Specialist for a large client in West Point, MS.
You'll be responsible for designing policies and procedures that help prevent harm to workers and property. You'll inspect machines and air quality, design safe work spaces, and create policies for workers to follow that minimize job related hazards.
• Remove defective equipment.
• Investigate complaints.
• Conduct safety inspections.
• Participates in the development and implementation of department safety work order tracking and reporting.
• Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of facilities.
• Responds to emergency situations involving hazardous materials, radiation, or fire and smoke incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
• Coordinate accident investigations and ensure effective completion in a timely manner
• Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
• Leads and/or guides the work of lower level technicians and/or employees.
• Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
• Coordinate ISO 14001 EMS activities
• Evaluates and recommends pollution prevention and pollution control techniques
• Maintain all recordkeeping requirements for OSHA
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
• Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with OSHA and NFPA safety standards.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to develop, implement, and enforce EHS programs and protocols.
• Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
• Knowledge of radiation safety procedures, standards, and protocols.
If you're interested and think you would be a great fit for what we're looking for, please send your resume to Steve St. John for further consideration: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]