ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Responsible for sample preparation for testing, maintenance of required records, maintenance of clean and sterile work environment. Reports test results as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, log and prepare samples for testing
- Prepare media, perform required QC checks, and maintain media logs
- Receive and log consumables
- Monitor temperatures and pressures and maintain appropriate logs
- Maintain a clean and sterile environment
- Prepare and maintain required documentation
- Communicate test results as required
- Maintains basic understanding of GLP and any accreditation/certification requirements
- Maintains a basic understanding of Marshfield Food Safety’s Quality System including the Quality Manual, Quality Manual System Procedures (QMSPs), and procedures as applicable to ISO 17025
- Maintains records of all quality activities as documented in procedures and test methods
- Make precise measurements using visual assessment (examples: balance centering, weighing small amounts on balance, verification of equipment using small amounts of standard)
- Handles samples and performing analyses according to procedures and test methods, which includes verifying small liquid transfers
- Accurately enter and/or verify sample results into computer
- Signs reports when designated with signing authority
- Maintains and calibrates equipment, as necessary
- Reports deficiencies or malfunction to the Laboratory Manager or designee
- Corrects nonconformance and potential nonconformance
- Improves laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis
- Conducts other testing as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: B.S. in Biology, Microbiology or related field, or minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with lab or food safety experience preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong math skills. Basic computer skills. Ability to work alone or with minimal supervision.
Physical, Mental, and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to read and understand English, verbalize in English, and perform procedures as written.
Employees are required to use fine hand manipulation, visually examine specimens and systems, and monitor instruments and other equipment via audible beepers and/or visual light systems. It also requires critical analysis skills and the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (at least 50% of the time) to stand, bend, push, pull, stoop and crouch. The employee must routinely lift (with both hands) and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move heavier loads.
Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Typical Work Schedule: The laboratory typically operates 24/7. Typical shifts are of 8-10 hours and may start at any time. Weekend work and holiday work is frequently required. Work schedule dictated by plant operations.
Typical Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laboratory and office setting. Fast-paced, stressful environment. Problems must be resolved quickly and efficiently. Root causes of problems must be identified and dealt with promptly. Always more than one activity going on at any given time. Possible contact with infectious materials, biohazards and unpleasant odors.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster