Pharmacy Technician I
|Post Date:||Mar 28, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||3/28/2018||Salary:|| |
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
- Demonstrates basic operational knowledge in a moderate range of areas
- Applies known solutions to a limited range of predictable problems
- Applies and performs a defined range of skills and tasks where choice between a limited range of options is required
- Assess and record information from varied sources
- Take responsibility for own work outputs
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred
- National Certification (CPhT) required
- Active Registered Pharmacy Technician, as per State requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKINGCONDITIONS – Requiresprolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-handcoordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier,telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range ofhearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposedto toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents. Work is performed in a hospital(pharmacy, nursing units, etc.) Work may be stressful at times. Contact mayinvolve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible andavailable to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergencysituations.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure toblood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined orhypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposureto body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as partof their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or tobe potentially exposed in some other way.
The Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for accurately performing all basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Identifies critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner
- Completes all education requirements and/or other activities needed to maintain competency
- Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Accurately maintains required documentation logs
- Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization
- Performs quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned
- Accurately performs and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned
- Performs basic billing functions
- Completes basic OR charges in a timely manner as assigned
- Accurately performs required calculations
- Accurately and safely compounds and labels medications and parenteral admixtures
- Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding
- Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- Prepares all work records needed for day at their designated times including the Discontinued, Transfers, and Discharges Lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently processes these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas
- Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy
- Processes medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy
- Provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
- Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.)
- Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and as needed
- Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned
- Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered.
- Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per policy and procedures
- Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product
- Manages drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies opportunities to minimize waste
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practice and adhere to the “ Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.