Come Work at HJF!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) is looking for a Research Scientist in Computational Bioinformatics/Systems Biology/Toxicology to join the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command’s Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI) [www.BHSAI.org] in Frederick, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to the BHSAI.
We have multiple openings for dynamic scientists interested in working in an interdisciplinary environment.
Research Areas and Responsibilities:
- Develop and apply computational solutions to biomedical problems involving computational bioinformatics and systems biology approaches.
- Analyze and model biological networks relevant to infectious diseases, immune responses, and human disorders using a variety of methods such as ordinary/partial differential equations and stochastic simulations.
- Develop and apply computational/modeling solutions for predicting absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and toxicity (ADMET) properties in drug development.
- Develop in vitro and in vivo toxicity mechanisms of drugs and industrial chemicals using systems toxicology.
- Develop whole-organism toxicity response models using transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomic data in a physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling framework.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects, involving a diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists across multiple laboratories.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Candidates should also have extensive computational experience and a strong publication record. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PROVEN COMPUTATIONAL EXPERIENCE.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Systems Biology, Toxicology, or a closely related field.
Minimum Experience: 2-4 years of experience.
Background: Foreign nationals are welcome to apply. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is not required. However, a background requirement is that the employee must have lived in the U.S. three out of the last five years. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.