Minimum - Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
Preferred – MS in Chemical Engineering
- New product and process development.
- Collaborate with sales, product management, operations, and QA throughout the entire product development process.
- Prepare CAPEX reports for new products.
- Develop supply chain for new product components.
- Plan, implement and setup polymer synthesis lab.
- Develop validation plan for new products.
- Develop and implement protocols for testing and validation of new products.
- Implement project management methodology for new product development projects.
Comprehensive, working knowledge formulating and processing the following materials:
- Polyamide 6 & 66.
- Elastomeric materials.
- EPDM based impact modifiers.
- SAN based impact modifiers.
- SBR based impact modifiers.
- NH flame retardants.
- Brominated flame retardants.
- Heat stabilizers.
- Processing aids.
Comprehensive theory and practice of the following processes:
- Reactive extrusion.
- Twin screw compounding – co-rotating.
- Injection molding.
- Single screw extrusion.
- Batch blending.
- Polymer synthesis – development.
Comprehensive, working knowledge of analytical and material characterization techniques:
- DSC and TGA.
- Melt rheology.
- Mechanical testing.
- Molecular weight.