A minimum of 5 years' experience in a laboratory leadership position.
Bachelor degree in a laboratory-related science preferred.
Training in or significant experience in laboratory management services.
Personnel and business management abilities.
Analytical abilities to maximize processes and operating efficiency.
General computer abilities and skills.
The ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral forms.
Must be able to effectively work independently, within a team and delegate duties to ensure an effective operation.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, short and long term disability insurance, a matched 401K plan and much more!
Don't Follow the Leader! Join the Leader!
ProPath is a premier private pathology practice based in Dallas, Texas. With our focus on the patient and practicing medicine first and foremost, ProPath has become a leader in full service diagnostic services offered around the country. Physician owned and led, we attract the best physicians, technologists and other healthcare personnel owing to our team based environment and focus on practicing unsurpassed medicine above all else. We answer to patients and not shareholders. We are currently seeking a Director, Laboratory Operations to join our team.
Responsibilities: In this position you will direct the operation of anatomic and clinical laboratory services and the related testing activities. You will also establish, implement and monitor operation standards to meet internal and external expectations of quality and responsiveness. Will ensuring that technical and support personnel provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with CAP, CLIA, federal, state and local requirements.
- Direct and manage the anatomic and clinical testing services.
- Develop, implement and monitor performance and production standards for areas of responsibility.
- Oversee and provide personnel management including determining staffing needs, addressing safety concerns and requirements, providing technical training and development, performing and administering evaluations in a timely manner, and disciplinary action as required.
- Ensure that staff is appropriately qualified and trained and that staffing schedules are well-coordinated with specimen delivery schedules to ensure optimal processing effectiveness.
- Responsible for all aspects of compliance with CAP, CLIA, Federal, State, and Local guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure all laboratory policy and procedure manuals reflect current practice and are in compliance with business needs and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all laboratory licenses are obtained and kept current for all ProPath locations.
- Work with the pathologists at licensed offsite locations to ensure policies and procedures remain up-to-date and that the locations remain inspection-ready.
- Maintain professional certification as required.
- Assist and oversee staff in identifying and resolving technical problems and issues.
- Report laboratory performance statistics to Chief Laboratory Officer, Medical Director and others, as appropriate and as requested.
- Responsible for the financial management of the laboratory including budget and capital planning and performance to those plans.
- Continually analyze trends in laboratory costs and resources to ensure effective and efficient operation of laboratory functions.
- Implement and oversee technical and technological advancements in the laboratory.
- Professionally and effectively interact with ProPath's large number of physicians while maintaining diplomacy and appropriately prioritizing requests.
- Form effective relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure ProPath enjoys best possible pricing and support from vendors and suppliers.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all proprietary and internal information relating to the business of ProPath, its operations, employees and strategies.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client, and company records and issues.
- Work collegiality with management and peers to ensure the interrelationships between departments are understood and operate effectively.