Apex Life Sciences is seeking a Chemical Technician for one of our clients located in Richmond, VA.
- Participate in safety related activities and maintain an up-to-date understanding of company, industry and government safety procedures and regulations.
- Performs organic synthesis and analysis to support component development programs provided by supervisor. Contributes to process development through interaction with supervisor.
- Perform industry and end client specific laboratory tests using established procedures. Assist in development and modification of tests as needed. Develop plan for testing and/or additive blending.
- Complete preliminary analysis and interpretation of test results. Prepare reports, memos, presentations, etc., and/or enter into database(s), to communicate results to appropriate parties. Handle requests and report results in agreed upon timelines.
- Operate specialized test equipment in accordance with established procedure. Perform tests accurately to insure reproducibility. Assume responsibilities for the maintenance and trouble shooting of the laboratory equipment and/or instrumentation necessary to perform the laboratory tests.
- Purchase, maintain, and/or obtain adequate inventory of samples and lab supplies for testing and work area. Maintain work area in a neat, clean, and safe condition.
- Maintain adequate level of specific as well as general technical expertise through training, seminars, etc., at the direction of management to support required activity.
- May blend components and/or develop new or modify existing formulations to meet objectives and may analyze various blends and base stocks to determine properties.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Science related field