SABIC Innovative Plastics
Specialist, Product Safety, Global
|Post Date:||Jun 14, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||6/14/2018||Salary:|| |
• Bachelor’s (preferred Masters or Ph.D Degree) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Polymer Science or related discipline
• 5+ years working experience in the Chemical or Petrochemical Industry
• Solid experience on customer product compliance inquiries
• Customer training experience, rapidly evolving customer expectations on compliance and disclosure of confidential product information
• Dangerous chemical/hazardous chemical handling experience
• Relevant IT system usage experience, e.g., SAP and SDS/Label systems
• Internal or external auditing experience
• Strong knowledge of chemical regulations, EHSS, green standards, and product compliance regulations/standards
• Familiar with region specific chemical product stewardship related regulations
Job Specific Skills:
• Over 6 years product stewardship or product safety professional experience;
• Dangerous chemical/hazardous chemical handling experience including GHS and UN transportation.
• Good execution and effective delivery; results driven.
• Good team working skills.
• Global outlook
• Professional verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills;
• Good initiative, and engagement style;
• Creativity and problem solving skills
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Responsible for providing product safety communications to both external/internal customers supporting SBU business growth, securing product compliance in all regions, and effectively supporting customer product concerns. Not only for US region but also cover cross regions to ensure all activities can full refer SABIC global Standards.
Major responsibilities include:
• Participate in the strategic development of a SABIC Product Stewardship culture thru engagement and facilitation of SABIC product compliance with Product Stewardship policies, standards, and strategy. Helping to ensure product compliance with government regulatory requirements, international and major customer standards and Responsible Care.
• Secure that internal and external stakeholders have access to up-to-date and compliant product declarations and statements.
• Secure/prepare/publish SABIC product GHS labels/SDS’s and ensures product safety compliance during product manufacture and transport.
• Effectively support our customer concern on product safety and product compliance for different SBU’s products, draft/complete high quality compliance letters to our customer for SABIC products on different compliance demands globally.
• Strengthen product steward relationship with the US region’s key stakeholders and help to prevent potential product safety or compliance issues etc.
• Support the SBU Specialties and Petrochemicals (chemicals and polymers) in the America region regarding product safety needs from our internal/external customers.
• Draft and finalize the appropriate feedback to customer’s concerns on our products safety as well as influence our customer to accept our official letters as partly legal documents on the sales deal globally. (Focused on SBU Specialties, and support Petrochemicals SBU).
• Delivery customer training and customer qualification support to the Specialties SBU and Petrochemicals businesses globally. Delivery Employee training as well as training packages preparation for the US commercial team as required. Provides product safety training to the customer service team on CDP system.
• Closely monitor our chemicals and businesses in America region for product safety labels, product SDS delivery, and implementation during compliance operation processes.
• Lead product safety audits and establish product stewardship SHEM auditing system (checklist, auditor training, site EHSS training etc.).
• Monitor SABIC tank/storage area’s product safety compliance (such as GHS label implementation, SDS available) for product safety team in America region.
• Monitor/support America region’s business line’s product stewardship compliance request, and all other product stewardship compliance of SABIC America regions.
• Involved in product safety gap risk assessment, e.g. those digit system gaps, product formulation gaps for South America region.
• Be able to prepare product SDS/label using SDS systems (SAP, WERCS, Intelligent Authoring).
• Collect/Understand/Support America region’s product safety requirements.
• Engage with product safety team’s strategy project and product steward letters’ internal standardization/quality improvement etc. to support future business growth.
• Actively participate in the America region’s product safety/label association on DG management, product stewardship responsible care, GHS group discussion.
• Develop and lead execution of Stewardship projects for improved customer support and increased team effectiveness or efficiency.
• Provide Employee training or training packages for chemicals and products as required. Act as a key contact person for product safety team to promote product safety awareness, visibilities.
• Engage in chemical advocacy efforts for key raw materials and products through external industry organizations (e.g., ACC)
SABIC Innovative Plastics
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.