Duties consist of checking equipment and facilities for proper operation of HVAC systems, pumps, electrical distribution and other essential systems throughout the hospital. Duties also include the repair and maintenance of the systems. It requires frequent and consistent walking through different mechanical equipment rooms, going up and down stairs, ladders, and ramps.
- Education: High school plus specialized training (6 months - 2 years)
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Certification/Licensure: Licensure to be eligible to practice as a Licensed Stationary Engineer from the National Institute of Power Engineers (NIPE) or from the American Society of Power Engineers or the ability to obtain licensure within 12 months of hire.
- Graduate of a trade or vocational school with courses pertinent to the job duties preferred.
- Must be familiar with hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to interpret and understand water treatment and treatment chemical levels.
- Manual dexterity is required to perform repairs and maintenance.
- Must be able to read schematic diagrams in order to troubleshoot and understand systems.