Pharmacy Technician I
|Post Date:||Nov 14, 2017||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||11/14/2017||Salary:|| |
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates basic operational knowledge in amoderate range of areas
- Applies known solutions to a limited range ofpredictable problems
- Applies and performs a defined range ofskills and tasks where choice between a limited range of options is required
- Assess and record information from variedsources
- Take responsibility for own work outputs
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred
- National Certification (CPhT) required
- Active Registered Pharmacy Technician, as perState requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board ofPharmacy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, somebending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manualdexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculatorand other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight torecord, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers orboxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposed totoxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents. Work is performed in a hospital (pharmacy,nursing units, etc.) Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involvedealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available toprovide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure toblood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined orhypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposureto body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as partof their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or tobe potentially exposed in some other way
The Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for accurately performingall basic pharmacy technician functionsin a timely manner.
Supervisor – Director of Pharmacy or Pharmacy OperationsManager, Pharmacy Clinical Manager and Pharmacists
Key Interactions – Pharmacists, other Pharmacytechnicians, Nurses, Pharmacy Students, Pharmacy Interns and other FacilityStaff
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limitedto):
- Identifies critical issues, prioritizeworkload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner
- Completes all education requirements and/orother activities needed to maintain competency
- Interacts in person and by phone withhospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Accurately maintains required documentationlogs
- Complies with facility policy and proceduresand regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining medicationstorage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization
- Performs quality control and performanceimprovement functions as assigned
- Accurately performs and documents monthlymedication storage area inspections as assigned
- Performs basic billing functions
- Completes basic OR charges in a timely manneras assigned
- Accurately performs required calculations
- Accurately and safely compounds and labelsmedications and parenteral admixtures
- Always utilizes aseptic techniques in thepreparation of parenteral compounding
- Compliant with all USP 797shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets andbiological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Always obtains a final check from thepharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packagingany medication, or dispensing any medication.
- Prepares all work records needed for day attheir designated times including the Discontinued, Transfers, and DischargesLists of parenteral preparations and efficiently processes these reports beforethey are dispensed to the patient care areas
- Accurately transports medications and otherpharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy
- Processes medication returns and restockingto the pharmacy
- Provide basic technical support for automateddispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
- Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e.restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.)
- Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays andfloor stock accurately and as needed
- Accurately packages and prepares medicationsfor dispensing as assigned
- Appropriately and timely notifies thepharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered.
- Complies with ongoing processes to monitoroutdates as per policy and procedures
- Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders asdefined in policy and notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages,overages or damages of product
- Manages drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifiesopportunities to minimize waste
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practice and adhere to the “ Code of Conduct” philosophy and“Mission and Value Statement”
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.