Performs routine laboratory tests under close supervision to determine chemical or physical characteristics designated by the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and understand all analysis and safety standards in English, including ASTM, UOP, IP and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory.
- Assist senior laboratory personnel in setting up, adjusting and operating laboratory equipment for which the technician has been adequately trained and has been verified to operate correctly in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
- Assist in or perform basic analytical tests from well-defined standards and procedures as assigned by the Laboratory Manager. Laboratory technicians must be verified to be able to perform all tests in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Assist in calibrating laboratory instruments for which the technician has been adequately trained and has been verified to operate correctly in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
- Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in Laboratory Manual #5, Safety Manual #7, and the Core Laboratories Safety and Environmental Manual, and company policies.
- Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas analysis, including Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials disposal, and other safety and compliance training required by applicable regulations.
- Understand and be able to complete laboratory raw data sheets and make accurate entries into Petroleum Service's laboratory computer programs.