Scientific Research Corp
|Post Date:||Dec 30, 2017||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||12/30/2017||Salary:|| |
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
This project is the design and construction of a Marine Security Guard Quarters expansion on the NEC Compound to accommodate the increase MSG Detachment. The project includes Demo/Renovation at the Chancery in the Marine Suite. The position functions as the Construction Manager, performing a wide range of construction management functions, providing OBO/Bamako management expertise for planning, directing, managing, and coordinating the Department's overseas construction projects, and working with assigned project team members to achieve the highest possible priority and effectiveness in meeting the scope, schedule and cost goals of the OBO/Bamako Construction Management projects.
• Will work closely with the PD or OBO Construction Executive in coordinating the efforts of the OBO project staff, providing leadership and guidance
• Ensures that an appropriate safety and accident prevention plan is implemented on each project contract; and reviews, monitors and coordinates project safety issues with the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHA), and the Safety Officer in CM's Construction Support Division, Controls Branch (OBO/CFSM/CS/CON), in accordance with the requirements of the US Corp of Engineers Safety and Health Requirements Manual and host country health and safety requirements when more stringent
• Assists post in planning, coordinating, evaluating, and scheduling the work to ensure that required standards of quality, schedule, cost goals, and contract compliance are met
• Interpret and explain plans and contract document terms to administrative staff, contractor superintendents, vendors, and OBO clients, representing the interests of OBO/Bamako while ensuring the understanding of all that the Contracting Officer for the project is the only individual with authority to direct changes to the scope of work through written modifications
• Ensure that any necessary licenses and permits are obtained; and that they are properly displayed with a copy in the project files prior to commencement of related work
• Ensures appropriate supervision and quality control inspections of the work
• Studies the International Building Code and job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods providing quality assurance inspections and field verification of all aspects of the quality control program; and supervises owner-sponsored field / laboratory tests as required to verify the quality control program
• Confer with supervisory personnel, Post clients, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
• Receives submittals and reviews for completeness and determines whether OBO project staff, OBO Design Engineer, or the Architectural/Engineering (A/E) performing construction phase services shall review and provide comments and recommendations for acceptance of the submittals. Tracks the timeliness of submittals due from the contractor, their review by OBO, and response/return
• Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with construction engineering implications and makes recommendations to the PD concerning the disposition of the request
• Evaluates the necessity and accuracy of any contractor change order proposals; and prepare Statements of Work and Independent Government Estimates for modifications and change orders as may be required
• Reviews and evaluates design calculations and data provided from a construction engineering perspective
• Ensures that the project contractors maintain as-built documentation
• Provides the PD with draft responses to the contractor's and other organization's requests for information
• Ensures that materials for which payment has been requested are properly accounted for, in acceptable condition, and stored correctly
• Maintains a "Daily Project Log" as defined in the Construction Management Guidebook
• Prepares a CM Monthly Progress Report summarizing the status of construction projects; publishes and distributes the CM Monthly Report, maintaining progress photo albums for each contract project; and implements and monitors project reporting in accordance with the Construction Management Guidebook
• Assists the Project Director and/or Post in acquiring and utilizing local construction professionals and construction contractors; and ensures scopes of services required of local employee staff (LES) and local A/E firms are appropriately defined from an engineering standpoint
• Supports the PD in all contract administration matters, including negotiation of modifications and/or claims and interpretation of contract requirements; assists with review and analysis of project schedules, and with review and analysis of project contracts, specifications, modifications, change orders, and claims
• Develops and maintains an inventory of overseas project property procured for the Bamako Project, ensuring that inventory reporting complies with the requirements of the Department, the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), and directions promulgated by the Office of the Deputy Director for Resource Management (OBO/RM)
• Assist with the development of presentations, special reports, and special projects as related to the engineering aspects of the overseas construction program
• Participates in project meetings and conferences as appropriate, and, when required, prepares minutes of project meetings
• Cooperates and coordinates with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and other members of the CM and OBO staff
• Undertakes other duties, similar to those described above, as may be assigned by the PD
• Develops working knowledge of all technical requirements of projects
• Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction project
• Reviews contractor submittals
• Prepares responses to Requests for information (RFI) for questions related to engineering. Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with engineering implications; makes recommendations to the Project Director
• Coordinates the development of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) for modifications and change orders
• Reviews and evaluates design calculations and data from an engineering perspective
• Prepares Monthly Progress Report summarizing project status, with emphasis on engineering
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of consideration
• Bachelor degree or higher in Construction Management from an accredited institution in the U.S. + a minimum of 7 years of on-site vertical construction experience (such as field activities on buildings)
• Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background
• Shall have a Construction Management degree from an accredited university in the United States and a minimum of 7 years of experience in the commercial construction industry
• Design office experience shall not count toward an employee's experience
• Active Professional Engineering License (PE) is acceptable in lieu of a degree
• Minimum of 7 years of experience required on construction projects of similar scope and value to the project supported by this Task Order
• Knowledge of International Codes required
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Overseas experience preferred
WORK LOCATION: BAMAKO, MALI (U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 15 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE DoS PROGRAM
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Scientific Research Corp
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.