Position Summary: The goal of the Field Service Engineer is to provide excellent equipment repair and customer support for HSS customers and their mission.
This position completes repair service work, and preventative maintenance on equipment in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service.
This position supports the Bay area in San Francisco and will be home based. The majority of the equipment repair will be for sterilizers as well as OR beds, lights, tables, washers, and Ultrasonic cleaners. Depending on contracts and customer needs there will also be general medical equipment coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In the field repair and maintenance of medical equipment with a focus on sterilizer equipment
- Support the customers by performing scheduled testing and maintenance work as well as servicing repairs on medical equipment.
- Support the operation of various accreditation lab programs to include: CAP, FDA, AABB and Joint
- Maintain customer contact via phone or in person on a regular basis.
- Maintain appropriate records for HSS and its customers.
- Travel overnight within the region up to 20%.
- AAS in Electronics or Laboratory Equipment Technology plus 2 years of recent experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience repairing medical equipment including sterilizer and surgical equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to use test equipment and general electronic testers.
- Ability to troubleshoot, refurbish, test, certify and all levels of preventive maintenance.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of individuals internal and external to HSS.
- Knowledge of pertinent laboratory certifications such as CAP, FDA, AABB and Joint Commission Medical Equipment Program(s).
- Ability to meet HSS' driving standards and maintain a valid California driver license.
License/Certification: Interest in perusing CBET/AAMI Certification
Physical Demands & Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand, bend, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time working with equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a production or fabrication environment. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Will be required to lift and move up to 50 lbs.; push, or pull up to 400 lbs. (may request assistance). May be required to work in confined or small spaces and qualify for fit testing or breathing or respiration equipment. Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals and materials, and other conditions commonly found in fabrication or medical environments. Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.