Our Pharmacy Technician is responsible for dispensing medical prescriptions and performing administrative duties relating to department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) or more years experience as a pharmacy tech preferred
- Familiar with a variety of field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Able to work under pressure and able to relate well to patients, security, visitors and co-workers
- Current CPR Certification
- Under the supervision of the Site Physician or Charge Nurse, dispenses medical prescriptions and provides administrative support to medical department.
- Dispense medical prescriptions as directed by the health care practitioner.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties as needed.
- Receive and store incoming supplies.
- Verify stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Communicates information to other nursing staff, physician, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff, to include classification, as needed or required.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Assists Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner/Physician as requested but within the scope of pharmacy Technician certification.
- Adheres to infection control techniques and principles.
- Adheres to CCS and facility rules, policies and procedures as well as ACA and NCCHC standards of operation.
- Adheres to uniform dress code.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings/training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer