1. Current state of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license is mandatory; a license from a National Registry is desirable.
2. CPR certification is optional. The ability to activate emergency patient care system must be demonstrated.
3. Twelve months as a trainee required; 1-3 years experience desirable.
4. Proficiency in the routine work of all laboratory departments is required; expanded knowledge and interest in one or more areas is desirable.
1. Laboratory testing requires precise and accurate measurement, sometimes under pressured conditions.
2. A requirement for carrying out activities under established and formal procedures. *CB
Performs all laboratory test necessary for diagnosis and treatment of patients at the request of attending physician(s). Is responsible for reporting results which are accurate as substantiated by the use of appropriate controls. Performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding of routine procedures for all areas of the laboratory with minimal supervision.