Spec Technical Lab - CHL
The Technical Specialist has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, and evaluation of all technical and/or operational activities in the laboratory. Responsible for performing duties so as to operate the lab with the highest quality safety and integrity, and in an efficient, economical and businesslike manner are of utmost importance.
- Coordinates and documents all competency testing assuring completeness and timeliness. Works with supervisors to develop lists for new testing and to alter current documents as required. Creates these new and altered documents.
- Tracks proficiency testing; assures timely arrive and pre-analytical processing of all proficiency test kits, and monitors the TAT from arrival at the Green tree facility to placement of the kit in the testing department. Develops and maintains a database for tracking proficiency testing process assuring timely resulting and timely corrective action reporting.
- Reviews corrected reports data on a monthly basis and works directly with supervisors to develop corrective actions. Assures corrective action plans are carried through to completion.
- Assists Supervisors in preparedness for In-house, corporate, and accrediting agency inspections.
- Observes performance of technical SOPs covering each general bench site once annually. Dissociations from the written procedure are documented and quality improvement actions are determined in conjunction with the department manager and supervisor. Follow-up observations are made to assure improvements are in place.
- Tabulates positivity data and reports to corporate entities as required.
- Performs hardcopy and electronic reporting to state, county and local agencies. Assures consistency of reporting by monitoring accuracy and timeliness. Maintains State reporting test file.
- Works directly with the Medical Director, Data Management and electronic reporting personnel to assure that patient data is properly represented on all report formats for testing from all sources (in-house, remote laboratory sites and referral laboratories). Reviews reports for all tests one time annually.
- Performs system tests of data transmission across within-laboratory electronic interfaces to assure accuracy. Works with ITG and technical staff to test new interfaces.
- Performs review of appropriate reflex testing.
- Monitors the performance of instrument-to-instrument accuracy, assuring timeliness. Inputs and reviews comparative data, maintains electronic and hardcopy records.
- In order to illustrate accuracy of each LIS calculation performs manual calculations as a means to provide comparative documentation. Works with ITG to test new calculations.
- Reviews equipment maintenance records on a monthly basis.
- Reviews calibration and maintenance records of hand held pipettes and automated pipettes systems on a monthly basis.
- Reviews that all non-certified thermometers are checked against a reference (NIST certified) thermometer or performs the reference check.
- Reviews SmarTech data, providing a daily report. This effort manages near misses of quality control failures on a daily basis, prior to the performance or maintenance procedures and assay calibration. By performing this task the Technical Quality Specialist in turn works with the Chemistry Supervisor and Technical Director to manage assay rerun rates, which results in cost savings by reducing reagent usage.
- Develops means to monitor turnaround time from order login to verification to test completion to chart posting. Summarizes data providing a VOC metric.
- Participates on the Laboratory Operations Management’s QA/Compliance team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological, or Clinical Laboratory Science). MT (ASCP).
- At least three years experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting.
- Competency management and technical training. Laboratory regulation/accreditation. Preferred experience in Government agency reporting.
- PC application skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and Access.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an
Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.