ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform analysis of instrumental and classical wet chemistry techniques for the laboratory utilizing EPA methodologies. Also involves preparation of samples, reagents and standards; interpretation and input of data into laboratory LIMS system; evaluation of quality control data; and maintaining laboratory records.
- Follow appropriate methodologies and SOP’s as required.
- Document activities and report results in a concise and accurate manner.
- Solve analysis problems as needed.
- Interpret sample data.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by Area Supervisor.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Multi-tasked, organized, and detail oriented.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff, management and clients in a professional manner.
- Able to work well in both a team setting and individually.
- Possess excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Possess strong drive and initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or science related field.
- Experience in an Environmental Testing Laboratory preferred.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
- Able to sit, and/or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Must be able to distinguish differences in color and shade;
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion actions.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster