The intern will gain exposure to a variety of analytical chemistry techniques in a robust research and development analytical laboratory setting. The intern will be cross-trained and capable of performing analyses in multiple areas within the Analytical Chemistry department. Areas of focus will include compositional, organic, and thermo-physical property techniques. Key projects the intern will support include method development for particle size distribution analysis and comparison of suspension matrices and method development/validation for Archimedes density testing.
- Flexibility to perform sample preparation and testing in multiple areas within Analytical Chemistry.
- Operate advanced laboratory instrumentation; acquire routine maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Document work in laboratory notebooks, log books, and LIMS reports.
- Ability to follow established SOPs, SWIs, and other technical standards and procedures. Ensure adherence of test methodologies to Arconic quality requirements.
- Clear and effective communication and collaboration with Analytical Sciences' staff and ATC customers.
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills; work independently or with technical experts to perform method development and/or instrument troubleshooting.
- Communicate progress/results verbally or through written detailed technical reports and presentations
- Demonstrate a strong focus on safety, including compliance with Arconic's EHS policies.
- Sophomore or Junior
- Currently enrolled in a BS program majoring in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.