GeoBlue is an international health insurance company and a leader in helping world travelers gain access to quality healthcare services all around the globe. GeoBlue combines ongoing research, a contracted global community of physicians and hospitals, advanced Internet applications, and wide experience in international health insurance to ensure customers' health, safety and peace of mind.
We are looking for a Global Health and Safety Specialist who will communicate with international doctors, hospitals and pharmacies to ensure that GeoBlue members have access to appropriate health care when they are outside the U.S.
- Manage email and telephone requests for medical assistance services, on a planned or emergency basis.
- Schedule outpatient doctor appointments, and arrange inpatient admissions for patients requiring medical assistance.
- Communicate with doctor’s offices and hospitals to establish financial arrangements.
- Coordinate all aspects of emergency ground or air transportation as recommended by HTH Medical team as needed to provide appropriate urgent care to patient.
- Follow established protocols as defined in the Global Health and Safety Procedure Manual.
- Adhere to the company’s service standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-lingual skills preferred.
- Must be able to work from home as needed and have appropriate internet and phone set up
- Ability to manage and successfully resolve complex client issues on a time-sensitive basis.
- Schedule flexibility a must. This is a 24/7/365 department which requires working on weekends, holidays, overtime and on call as assigned.
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
If you prefer to mail your resume you can send it to:
Worldwide Insurance Services
Attn: Human Resources
933 First Avenue | King of Prussia, PA 19406