APEX Life Sciences is looking for an Associate Biochemist in the Elkton, VA area!
- Utilize biochemical laboratory tools and techniques used for protein purification such as buffer preparation, pH measurement, microfiltration, tangential flow filtration, chromatography, gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Independently and proactively execute procedures and experimental objectives in a timely and detail oriented manner.
- In addition, responsibilities will include execution of various bioanalytical techniques
- Bachelors degree in the life sciences, bioengineering, or related field
- Basic knowledge in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field
- Excellent organization skills to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, organized, and willing to work in a laboratory setting
- Applicant must be able to work flexible work schedule that may include shift work.
- Previous laboratory experience working with protein purification utilizing AKTA/Unicorn systems preferred
- Experience performing analytical work including HPLC/UPLC (Waters/Empower), ELISA methods, SDS-PAGE, cIEF, qPCR and/or other protein characterization and biophysical methods
- Experience working in a GLP and/or GMP environment
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.