Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Director of Media Sciences will be a key member of the team responsible for Comcast Cable's efforts to evolve an analytically driven media optimization strategy built on an advanced big data platform to drive improvement of media effectiveness. Combining the knowledge of enterprise level data platforms and business intelligence applications with media mix modeling techniques, as well as a solid understanding of the media landscape will enable Comcast to dramatically improve its marketing efficiency. This position requires an individual with both strategic and tactical skill sets with an exceptional knowledge of data management, analytics, and reporting techniques, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, a strong command of traditional and digital media.
The Director will serve as a data leader, responsible for developing and managing all aspects of media data capture development, implementation processes including report design, working with a variety of data sources from all internal and external sources to continuously evolve the data and metrics used to measure the effectiveness and ROI of all media activity. This includes managing ongoing data collection, processing, validation and reporting, ensuring the data integrity and accuracy for the full scope of media mix modeling across offline and online media in partnership with the media sciences, agency and vendor teams.
- Oversee the full landscape of Media and Customer data collection for Media Mix Models to ensure the various timely deliverables
- Manage and enhance the media science data management by leveraging multiple enterprise business intelligence platforms
- Manage the relationship with stakeholders for data collection and data validation.
- Partner effectively with Technology and Business functions
- Establish the efficient and agile QA process to ensure data quality and reliability
- Develop and manage ETL and analytics procedures to improve media data processing performance in both relational database and big data platform
- Translate and clearly communicate sophisticated, action-oriented, insightful, and analytical information to be socialized to varying audiences
- Lead data evolution for media mix models and manage multiple projects and vendors at daily basis
- Understand, translate, and provide POV for new sources/vendors/ opportunities for data collection
- Contribute to model building/development, interpretation of results and visualizations on econometric modeling projects driven by data context and constraints
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education Level-Bachelors Degree
Years of Experience-Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or related quantities discipline field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate with core technology team
- Knowledge of Data Quality, Data analysis, Metadata, Data management with experience in Telecommunications is preferred
- 8+ years of experience in data analysis and data management preferably with experience in enterprise level data warehouse and business intelligence applications
- 5+ years of business experience using data analytics to drive business/marketing results
- Project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and a team player, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases.
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Knowledge in big data platform and R programming is a plus
- Experiences in data Modeling is preferred
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer