About Covanta Environmental Solutions: Covanta Environmental Solutions offers comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex environmental challenges. With a nationwide network of treatment, recycling and energy-from-waste facilities, Covanta Environmental Solutions enables customers to mitigate risk and reach their sustainability goals. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Our-Facilities. For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Hazardous Waste/Lab Packaging Project Manager you will be responsible for all Lab-Pack, Hazardous/Non-Hazardous and Universal Waste activities, while leading our field service program in the Indianapolis, IN, Business Unit. This will include working closely with clients, and sales staff to provide excellent service and quick solutions, including, disposal options, pricing (quoting), scheduling, and the safe and profitable execution of jobs.
We are looking for someone with 3-4 years of Field Chemist experience that is ready to take the necessary steps to grow this business-line.
- Manage all phases of our lab-pack and related waste projects from the beginning to end.
- Work closely with Sales staff and Brokers to look at jobs, meet with clients, take inventories, prepare scope of work, and calculate all costs for quoting.
- Accountability for the safe and profitable execution of each job.
- Train and work with Non-Bulk/GRIP Drivers assuring proper packaging and shipments of waste.
- Cooperate with Team members to assure best practices, to include logistics, knowledge sharing and coordination of jobs and projects.
- Work with existing disposal outlets and investigate new options for disposal and recycling. This includes: profiling waste, negotiating prices, understanding their requirements, and scheduling.
- Needs to have, or be able to obtain a Class B CDL and Hazmat endorsement.
- Safely pack, placard and transport Hazardous, Non-Hazardous, and Universal waste from the client site to our locations or outside disposal/recycling facilities.
- Prepare all EPA/DOT/Facility paperwork. Including: manifests, BOL’s, profiles, lab-pack forms, labels and LDR’s.
- Complete field screening, sampling and identification of materials on client sites.
- Have strong customer services skills, be well organized, have the ability to problem solve and make good decisions in a constantly changing environment.
- Possess DOT, EPA and industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science field is preferred.
- 1+ Years of Field Chemist experience.
- Valid State Driver’s License, preferably CDL Class B/Haz-Endorsement
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to travel as needed, some overnights
- Ability to lift/move 50 lbs buckets/bags, 400 lbs drums
- Kneeling, crawling, stooping, bending or twisting for extended periods of time
- Walking and/or standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
Covanta Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.