With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
The Global Analytical Sciences organization at Mondelēz International is Customer Focused, Science Led, and Results Driven providing analytical-based scientific solutions to deliver business impact.
The Physical Scientist Rheology (Senior Scientist I) role provides an excellent opportunity to build and apply fundamental physical science & property understanding of ingredients, formulations, processes and products to a wide range of leading food products and related food systems in a fast-paced rewarding environment to all categories of Mondelez.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Apply & build a strong physical science and engineering knowledge to lead and/or support R&D projects for a broad range of food systems across Mondelez categories
• Apply current and develop new and innovative rheology and powder characterization approaches and understanding to solve practical problems
• Develop and apply a broad physical characterization expertise based on high quality science
• Develop and apply engineering and scientific expertise to drive food system ingredient, formulation and process understanding, innovation and technology
• Collaborate across R&D as a cross-functional team member and develop & demonstrate technical leadership
• Manage projects and team relationships to deliver results in a timely manner for maximum business impact
• Effective and impactful communication of technical findings to project team and management; maintain lab notebook, write technical reports and present project summaries
• Build, maintain and leverage strong internal and external network of technical experts
Qualified candidates should possess the following knowledge, experience and skills:
• Highly motivated PhD prefferd in Engineering or Sciences with a strong proven expertise in physical sciences with proven expertise in rheology and powder characterization
• Minimum 5 years of experience in rheology and powder characterization
• Strong experimental skills, with hands-on experience with state-of-the-art rheometers, viscometers, particle size analyzers (liquid and powder), powder flow analyzers and related instrumentation
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding in two or more of the following areas: Polymer Science, Suspension/Colloid/Emulsion Sciences, Physical Chemistry & Process Engineering
• Skilled at applying theoretical and experimental knowledge to solve practical problems
• Ability to learn quickly, with a passion to apply multi-disciplinary background to Food Industry
• Excellent interpersonal & project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build strong customer/client relationships
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.