We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to help develop and validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with Next-Generation Sequencing in a regulated environment. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Senior Scientist in the IVD Technology Development Team, you will work with members within the team and interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, and bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab and be required to design, implement, and validate technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, and monitoring of all cancer types. Furthermore, you will be required to use good documentation practices to write protocols and reports for your studies.
• Be able to work in a team environment and independently to develop, test and validate technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing
• Design study protocols, analyze results, and write reports for validation studies pertaining to IVD Submissions and CDx tests with pharma partners
• Be hands on in the lab to prepare samples for validation studies
• Document product development requirements and validation results
• Be highly committed and deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field
- 5+ years of experience in genomics or molecular biology developing genomic assays
- Experience with DOE, statistical analysis, and/or bioinformatics analysis of NGS data
- Experience with development under Design Control is a must (IVD experience is a plus)
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a strong preference related to sequencing-based genomic assays.
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required
- Good organization skills, and detailed orientated
- Self-driven and strong team player with proven track record
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.