Work schedule: As needed
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) who is responsible for day to day specimen processing, analysis and results reporting. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Medical Technologist with assistance of Medical Technologist III Lead.
- Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
- Design and update procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Validates new methods.
- Handles CAP surveys.
- Addresses client concerns.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelors Degree
- National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist as a Medical Technologist (MT).
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Medical Technologist License.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
- One year job-related experience required.