Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth? Do you want a supportive work environment? Do you want to be a part of leading adolescents to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes' then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Clarinda Academy is a residential foster care facility working with adjudicated and at-risk youth ages 12-18.
- Supervise youth in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior, and to maintain security for community protection.
- Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group classes and activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Maintain proper norms and security of youth and provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Communicate, orally and in writing all appropriate information, both within the classroom and outside the classroom (in the log and in youth charts) and to relevant outside agencies, including parents.
- Assess each student’s learning style, design and implement curriculum, instructional strategies, and materials appropriate for the youth.
- Provide a learning environment to motivate youth.
- Ensure attendance of students in all classes and other activities and check on normative behavior.
- Complete all necessary paperwork to insure proper recording of student progress, including daily attendance records and progress reports.
- Maintain emergency lesson plans for use by substitutes.
- Maintain order in the classroom.
Must be certified by the State Board of Education. Must be able to use standard office equipment, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, climb three flights of stairs and physically restrain students if necessary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision, after sixty days.
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- 401K after sixty days.
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off (includes birthday)
- Tuition loan program
- Paid meals
- Discounted Membership to local country club and Rec Center
Clarinda Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer