ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this lead chemist position is to conduct complex qualitative analytical testing in accordance with standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Implementing established quantitative analytical methods and assays using Gas Ghromatography Mass Spectromery (GC/MS, Gas Chromatography /Tandem Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS/MS), and isotope dilution analyses.
- Performing initial demonstration of capability (IDC), meeting quality control (QC) benchmarks to achieve and maintain laboratory certifications.
- Performs complex data evaluations, reviews the work of others.
- Serves as an expert on technical issues for both internal and external clients.
- Responsible for daily operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of multiple GC/MS and GC-MS/MS systems.
- Interpret and present analytical data.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A working knowledge of Agilent instrumentation and software a significant plus.
- Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word; experience with or ability to learn industry specific software such as Chemstation and our laboratory information management system in a timely manner.
- Multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives; willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give 100%. Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients in a professional manner.
- BS in Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, or Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 2 years experience, or MS (MS preferred) in Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, or Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical testing utilizing MS techniques.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster