Specialty Food Manufacturer is seeking a Microbiologist. This is a great opportunity for Food Science or Microbiology professionals to gain valuable industry experience.
- BS in Food Science or Microbiology.
- 1-2 years of laboratory experience in industry.
- Knowledge of the principles of microbiology, including bacteriology, serology and virology.
- Conducts annual proficiency of all personnel conducting microbiological testing to ensure competency and correct methodology.
- Microbiology analysis, techniques, terminology, equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of methods and practice of microbiologic analysis and testing of food and agricultural products.
- Knowledge of sources of technical literature in the field of microbiology.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines related to food processing, handling, storage and sale.
- Ability to adapt standard laboratory techniques and tests to meet the demands of specific problems.
- Ability to assemble and prepare scientific data with clarity and accuracy.
- Ability to make complex mathematical computations, use statistical techniques in the treatment of data, and interpret and apply findings.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and written.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities and assign work to other professionals.
- Possess a strong sense of ethics regarding business and professional matters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures the laboratory analyzes food products, ingredients and related samples on time and provides accurate results.
- Leads the research projects with minimum guidance.
- Writes scientific reports or papers as needed.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.