Senior Data Scientist
|Post Date:||Dec 28, 2017||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||12/28/2017||Salary:|| |
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Bring a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design to create recipes that extract relevant insights from billions of rows of data to meaningfully improve user experience.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you likebigchallenges and working within ahighly-motivatedteam environment?
As a Data Scientist, you will research develop,support and apply new techniques using real-time distributed computing architectures.You willalso employ your skills to deliver insights into customer and network behavior to drive business decisions that will shape the future of awesome. We are a team that thrives onbigchallenges, results, quality, and agility.
Who does the Data Scientist work with?
The Data team is a diverse collection of professionals who work with a variety of organizations ranging from other software engineering teams whose software integrates with analytics services, service delivery engineers who provide support for our product, testers, operational stakeholders with all manner of information needs,and executives who rely ondatafor data based decision making.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
Develop models capable of processingmillions of events per second and multi-billions of events per day, providing both a real time and historical view into the operation of our products and services.Work on high performance real time data stores and a massive historical data store usingbest-of-breed and industry leading technology.Work closely with various engineering teams to solve key personalization, discovery and search problems.
Where can you make an impact?
The Comcast teamis building the core components needed to drive the next generation ofdata platforms and data processing capability.Building data products, identifying trouble spots, and optimizing the overall user experience is a challenge that can only be met with a robustdataarchitecture capable of providing insightsthat would otherwise be drowned in anoceanof data.
Success in this role is best enabled by a broad mix of skills and interests ranging from traditional distributed systems software engineering prowess to the multidisciplinary field of data science.
- Selectingand transformingfeatures, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Integrating data from multiple sources including third party sources.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Frequent meeting/communication with clients to interpret their needs, plan/organize, and discuss progress and results
- Developing actionable quantitative marketing models in the areas of marketing effectiveness, ROI, pricing and optimization.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Adapting and enhancing machine learning techniques based on physical intuition about the domain
- Review, direct, guide, inspire the analytical work of more junior staff
Here are some ofthespecific technologies we use:
- Spark(AWS EMR), AWS Lambda
- SparkStreaming and Batch
- Avro, Parquet
- MemSQL, Cassandra,HBase,MongoDB, RDBMS
- Caching Frameworks(ElasticCache)
- Elasticsearch, Beats, Logstash, Kibana
- Java, Scala, Go, Python, R
- Git,Maven, Gradle, Jenkins
- Rancher, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Hadoop (HDFS, YARN, ZooKeeper, Hive), Presto
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or Masters in the following areas: Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or Operations Research.
- 4+ years working within an enterprise data warehouse environment or big data architecture
- Excellent understanding of machine learningtechniques andalgorithms, especially in the deep learning area-- both theoretical underpinnings and craft (Systems such as Tensorflow, Theano, Kaffe, scikit.learn and their APIs).
- Excellentapplied statistics skillsand understanding of probabilitydistributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such asNumPyorR, etcExcellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot,Matplotlib,etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive,
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such asRedis/ElasticCache,Cassandra, HBase
- Good scripting and programming skills, such as Java, Scalaor Python, and Spark
- Data-oriented personality
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.