Apex Life Sciences is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to conduct preclinical studies to evaluate the efficacy and safety of allogeneic CAR T cells. Specifically, the candidate will contribute to the development of in vitro and in vivo models to study the activity, persistence and rejection of allogeneic CAR T cells. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic start-up environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo studies to support IND-enabling data packages.
- Perform studies to understand allogeneic CAR T cell activity, graft-versus-host disease and rejection.
- Test genetic modifications and lymphodepleting regimens that may enhance the persistence and antitumor activity of CAR T cells in the allogeneic environment.
- Collaborate with an innovative protein engineering group to design molecules or target cell types to enhance persistence.
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field.
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Biology or related field with at least 5 years of experience or a Masters degree with at least 3 years of experience in an academic and/or industrial setting.
- Academic experience in molecular biology, cellular biology, or immunology.
- Knowledge and experience in CAR T-cell generation and phenotypic characterization is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with viral based systems (lentivirus, adenovirus, or murine retrovirus) to optimize transduction of mouse and human primary cells.
- Proficiency in immunological assays, including flow cytometry, cytokine release, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays, T cell isolation, MACS.
- Experience working with mice is required. Tumor inoculation and measurement, animal dosing (oral, s.c. and i.v.), blood and tissue collection, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- A willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.