Specimen Processor Greensboro, NC
Kelly Scientific is looking for a Specimen Processor for a reference laboratory in Greensboro, NC. This is a 4 month contract role Monday- Friday on the 1st shift.
Receives and prepares samples for laboratory analyses and tests. Prepares samples on slides or other testing format, records required information and sends to appropriate specialty lab area. May be cross-trained to perform basic Laboratory Technician duties, such as performing less complex tests. May be responsible for various support activities, including maintaining supply inventory, record-keeping, cleaning, clerical tasks, supply shipping and receiving, mail distribution and other related duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Receives and prepares samples for laboratory analyses and tests to diagnose various pet and other animal illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of veterinarian animal treatment.* Removes specimens from transport bags and splits as needed for multiple testing. Places specimens on slides or other testing format. Retrieves and prepares add-on and rechecks.
• Records information about specimens. Labels and numbers slides, specimens and submittals. Enters specimen data into tracking system. Make copies of submittals. Matches test slips with incoming specimens. Prepares work lists for each testing department. Verifies accuracy of information.
• Racks and bundles prepared samples for delivery to each testing department. Verifies samples are in correct locations.
• Assists other lab personnel with specimen storage and ensuring Turn Around Times (TAT’s) are met.
• Reads, understands and follows applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), including safety and quality procedures. Maintains clean and organized work area. Restocks supplies as needed.
• Participates in improving lab efficiency, quality and cooperation.
• May be cross-trained to perform basic Laboratory Technician duties, such as performing less complex tests.
• May be responsible for various support activities, including maintaining supply inventory, record-keeping, shipping and receiving, cleaning and other related duties. Checks inventory of supplies, stocks shelves and maintains order in stockroom. Ensures documents are completed according to established SOPs and reflect current manufacturing processes and label claims. May sort incoming specimens for processing track and sort X-Rays, Coggins and other items for delivery and create work orders in system for deliverable items. May assemble equipment as needed. Prepares and ships supplies, including processing related documentation. Performs variety of administrative duties.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.