Maintenance Manager - Cellulose Mill
|Post Date:||Jan 05, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||12/30/2017||Salary:|| |
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Maintenance Manager – Perry, FL (Foley)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an experience Maintenance Manager to join our team in Perry, Florida supporting our Foley Cellulose facility. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department mill goals.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure that the mill maintenance is meeting the objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs, and provide technical support for troubleshooting, to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies. Help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and mill profits/loses.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ability to develop business relationships and be a strategic part of the mill leadership team.
- Partners closely with Operations Manager to advance mill results.
- Accountable for employee and organizational development plans and people management strategies.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a team of salaried and hourly employees to continuously improve performance of the business.
- Functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge & experience.
- Ability to foster and develop culture (Market Based Management).
- Strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the paper manufacturing process.
- Responsible for establishing and administering maintenance expenses and capital work and managing against plans including explanation of variances.
- Demonstrated strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics (such as MS Office applications) in order to store, organize and analyze department data as well as generate communication documents.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Engineering Preferred) OR 5+ years of relevant work experience in an industrial, manufacturing/production, or military environment
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting maintenance
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory/Management experience
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance
- Basic financial and statistical skills required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management
- Plan, schedule, and organize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Make/implement changes to improve efficiency, productivity and quality of service
- Make effective and supportable personnel decisions, evaluate performance, discipline constructively, and handle employer/employee problems & grievances
- Supervise, train and motivate employees
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Exercise independent and discretionary judgment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Experience in Union environment
- Industrial electrical experience
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- Experience establishing department priorities, goals, and lead team to execution
- Experience making data driven decision
- Passport CMMS experience
- Experience implementing precision maintenance techniques to improve equipment reliability
- Experience with repairing/troubleshooting pumps, gearboxes, paper machine rolls, mechanical drive systems (conveyors, line shafts, drag chains), steam turbines, PLCs, high voltage (480V), & AC/DC drives
Recruiter: Ann Olson ([Click Here to Email Your Resumé])
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
The Foley mill, which has been in operation since 1954, has the capability to produce over 460,000 tons of Dissolving, Specialty and Fluff cellulose each year. Our fluff pulp is delivered to customers worldwide for a variety of high-end uses & converting technologies, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters & towels. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s Cellulose and Packaging Business, check out the links below:
Get to Know Georgia-Pacific Cellulose (Video)
Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida’s state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! You also are within a short driving distance of several beautiful sand beaches of the Gulf Coast and can venture out to St. George’s Island for some fresh seafood and boating!
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.