The Lab Technician will be responsible for providing quality color matches for our extrusion coatings business. The extrusion coatings business is a fast paced environment where we provide quality products and services with minimal lead times. The Lab Technician will also be responsible for working on distressed batches from production as well as cross training in different aspects of the Extrusion Coatings Group to include new product development, raw material evaluations, and finished product testing.
The Lab Technician will be required to complete these tasks with minimum supervision while maintaining quality work. To do this, a successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, and be able to work independently when given clear and distinct instruction. The Lab Technician must be able to communicate clearly in both written and oral communications, and keep up-to-date, detailed records on all work underway. The individual will sustain a safe work environment by cleaning/maintaining laboratory and equipment including assistance in maintaining raw material stocked in the laboratory.
The Lab Technician needs solid computer skills including working with web-based applications, such as our laboratory work request system, and with a wide variety of software such as the MS Office Suite data analysis software.
This is a salaried, non-exempt position.
- Conform with all site and laboratory safety requirements and policies
- Support lab work requests, directed by the Extrusion Technical Lead
- Provide technical assistance and support to Production, Sales, and Marketing, as required
- Maintains detailed technical records, as required, in the form of technical reports or business related company software
- Support site safety , 5S and Process management efforts when required
- A degree in Physical or Biological Science, or high school diploma and 3 years work experience in chemistry or coatings industry is preferred, but is not required for the right candidate.
- Basic formulating knowledge in coatings with hands-on color matching / color correction experience.
- Must be able to interface well with customers and be proficient in MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is required