Histology Technician – Austin, TX
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Histology Technician for one of our clients in Austin, TX.
As a Histology Technician placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible for working in a manner that maintains patient identity throughout the process of embedding, cutting, cover slipping and staining.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up patient paperwork and specimens for processing, and routinely embedding, cutting and staining.
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform the microtomy process
- Operates the microtome using settings, alignments, knife angles, and block orientation that facilitate sectioning and personnel safety.
- Follows laboratory standards for slide productions; section thickness, number and type of sections.
- Files paraffin blocks and microscopic slides
- Maintains accurate specimen identification throughout the embedding process
- Associate degree OR High School graduate or equivalent
- Preferred- Certification Histology ASCP or HTL (ASCP)
- 1-2 years of industry experience as Histology Technician
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume laboratory with documented immunohistochemistry an special stain experience
- Computer proficient, especially with Microsoft Office products
- Must have HT or HLT certification
- Excellent communication skills and strict attention to detail will be keys to success
- Flexible work schedule- Full-time and Part-time hours available
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.