Apex Systems is looking to hire candidates that would be interested in a Pharmacy Technician opportunity in your area.
The job description is below and if you are interested, please email your resume and managerial references to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Also, if you know of anyone else that may be interested in discussing this position, please forward this job description as well as my contact information for their review.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Flowood, MS 39232
Duration: Three month contract with possibility of extension
Schedule: This position will require you to be available to work 8 hour shifts between the hours of 7am-7pm, Mon-Fri, with the possibility of working a weekend shift of 4-8 hrs. Likely schedules will include Tues-Sat and Sun-Thurs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold a current and valid CPHT license OR must be MS Pharmacy Tech licensed.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion
- May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day
- Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required
- Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds
- Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
- Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process orders based on the priority assigned Batch and print labels, forms and delivery tickets
- Prepare backup pharmacy orders
- Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling
- Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags
- Courteously assists all internal and external customers
- Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns
- Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA
- Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.