Wolfe Laboratories, LLC. is a premier contract research organization that provides integrated drug development solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry.
Founded in 1999, the company is located in Woburn, Massachusetts. In 2017, Wolfe Laboratories became a subsidiary of Pace Analytical Services, LLC, a network of full-service contract development and analytical testing laborator
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to provide outstanding pharmaceutical discovery and development services by creating and using cutting edge science and developing new methods and molecules? Do you want to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry in a rapidly growing company on a trajectory to have a major impact in the life science research arena? We are seeking a talented and passionate scientist who is eager to be part of our success, and who embraces our core values: Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to enhance our capabilities in biologics and nucleic acids analytical and formulation development. This role requires a highly driven and proactive scientist with a passion for drug development, the curiosity and flexibility to work on diverse projects, and the tenacity to tackle complex questions by developing/applying new methods to solve previously intractable problems in drug development in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong academic background in biologics and oligonucleotides to the organization with the goal of learning how to apply this knowledge to the development of drugs and biotherapeutics. As part of a highly-skilled cross-functional team they will be responsible for tackling complex problems as they relate to the characterization, stability and aggregation of proteins and other biologics, including the fundamental characterization of oligonucleotides for use as drug products. This role will be critical to support our client work in the areas of bioanalytical, analytical and formulation development for a variety of molecules including proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, antibodies, bioconjugates as well as complex biopharmaceutic nanoparticle systems.
- Evaluate the chemical, physical, and biophysical properties of molecules including peptides, proteins, bioconjugates, oligonucleotides, nucleic acids etc. relevant to biopharmaceutic drug development
- Develop analytical and high throughput biophysical methods to characterize product variants
- Design and perform experiments to determine the stability in prototype formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, and to achieve formulations with acceptable shelf-life
- Execute and oversee specialized analytical testing and generation of technical documents
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in the area of protein and other biomolecule characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate
- Interface with clients to develop an in depth understanding of client objectives and define solutions to meet their program requirements
- Develop compelling approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Write persuasive proposals for the projects
- Regularly interact with clients to keep them abreast of project progress
- Write and review interim and final reports
- Create presentations for outside scientific meetings and conferences to showcase Wolfe Laboratories’ scientific leadership in the field of biomolecule analysis and characterization