- Must High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to input data quickly and accuracy
- Related college degree or working experience helpful
- Data entry experience is a plus
- Highly motivated to excel with a strong work ethic and initiative
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, short and long term disability insurance, a matched 401K plan and much more!
Don't Follow the Leader! Join the Leader!
ProPath is a high volume pathology practice based in Dallas, Texas. With a focus on patient well-being, ProPath has invested in today's technological advances to deliver fast results to all clients. Each member of the team plays an important role in ProPath's mission. ProPath is currently seeking a Lab Assistant to join the Histology Department team.
This position is responsible for preparation patient samples for clinical testing and data entry of patient demographics into database in a precise and accurate fashion.
- Accurately evaluate specimen orders and enter clinical data/information into a variety of computer systems (i.e. order entry, patient demographics and/or results). Identify any missing or invalid data entry information and take the appropriate action to correct.
- Perform technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit patient specimens for analysis.
- Operate automated and semi-automated equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Effectively communicate deficiencies to appropriate personnel, including deficiencies related to specimens, paperwork, database information, and equipment.
- Accurately document information as required, including processing logs, quality control, and labeling of reagents.
- Prepare reagents in the department.
- Routinely handle biohazardous and/or chemical hazardous material.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide quality customer service.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, company and department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and company information.
- Work effectively within a team-oriented department and company.
- Other related duties as assigned.