Senior Staff Scientist (Environmental) – Austin, TX
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Senior Staff Scientist for one of our top clients in Austin, TX. This is a full-time direct hire role, and pay will be commensurate with experience.
As a Senior Staff Scientist placed through Kelly Services, you will manage projects including conducting fieldwork involving wetland and Waters of the U.S. determinations/delineations, protected species habitat assessments and surveys, and studies and assessments as required by the NEPA.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report and safety issues or concerns.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Mid-level, experience natural resource professional responsible for conducting site assessments and making recommendations for medium sized projects.
- Participates with more senior scientists/engineers on large more complex projects
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments with limited supervision and oversight.
- Prepares and submits federal, state, and local permit applications.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by working in a team environment.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for both small and large projects including quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Understand and interpret applicable federal, state and local agency regulations and permitting requirements.
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (i.e ArcMap) to perform research and create project exhibits and maps.
- Evaluates complex field data and assembles in written reports.
- May serve as team member or lead in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- May oversee work performed by lower level scientists/engineers and technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field (i.e. Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Conservations Biology, Environmental Planning, Earth or Forest Science, Ecology, etc.)
- 5 years or more related experience
- Exposure to consulting environment is preferred (i.e. prior employment, summer internships, part-time or full-time work, or co-operative positions)
- Experience preparing federal, state, and local permit applications and coordinating with federal, state and local agencies
- Experience with plant identification (genus and species)
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certification in field of expertise required
- Completion of wetland delineation training program preferred
- Experience with different levels of studies pursuant to NEPA preferred
- Experience with GIS map creation preferred
- Prior involvement in relevant professional societies/organizations preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.