What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of the Human Resources function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Participate in the development of the Labor Relations strategy for the Hotel.
- Assist in the management of all team members in the area of labor relations to include: handling grievances, mediations, arbitrations, EEOC charges.
- Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to hotel leadership team on labor matters and hotel policy.
- Assist in delivering Labor Relations training.
- Assist in overseeing, administering and communicating pertinent information regarding all Human Resources functions to include, but not limited to, labor relations, recruiting, training and development, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements, team member relations, labor relations and contract compliance, performance evaluations, workers compensation and safety, employment processes and general leadership guidance and support
- Manage and supervise the daily activities of the Human Resources department
- Participate in and facilitate meetings and monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Assist in the preparation of reports related to Labor Relations and the Human Resources function
- Act in the absence of the Director
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!