Associate Chemistry Lab Technician
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Dress code: Standard lab PPE, eye protection, closed toed shoes, lab coat.
- Pavement coding
- Testing different additives
- Developing for concrete and pavement
- Polymer-synthesis required
- Ideal candidate is a Hard worker, demonstrated accomplishments, research experience etc.
- Someone that takes a strong interest in chemistry.
- This position is in a team oriented environment so this person will have to have very good interpersonal skills and be able to excel as a team member and not just individually.
- Candidates must have a technical college degree or a BS degree in Chemistry or a Chemistry related Discipline (Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, etc)
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- General Organic Chemistry experience is required.
- Analytical capabilities are required.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. +
- Basic understanding of chemical principles and the experimentation process.
- Polymer synthesis is helpful to have.
- Takes initiative in technical problem solving.
- Proficient in basic Computer skills-Excel, MS Word and general computer application software.
- Good Written and communication skills.
- Previous experience with Synthesis specifically with Polymers is preferred.
- Needs to be able to work independently and express great communication with senior chemists.
Environment: Laboratory, sometimes it gets dirty doing pilot reactions etc. But it is good industrial chemistry experience.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.