Under the supervision of a designated Manager, the Medical Technologist performs diagnostic analytictests on human body fluids such as blood, sputum, stool, cerebrospinalfluid, peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens. Works within clinical laboratories, doctor's offices,reference labs, and within the biotechnology industry.
- Performs specimen collection and processing duties as needed or assigned
- Performs routine and special laboratory tests; analyzes human fluid samples on advanced analytical equipment or by using lower-tech analytic techniques available to the clinical laboratory, such as manual white blood cell differentials, bone marrow counts, and analysis via microscopy
- Monitors, screens, and troubleshoots any analytical device responsible for deriving critical patient information. These tasks include calibrations, quality control, run-by-run assessment, instrument maintenance, statistical control of observed data, and recording of normal operations.
- May troubleshoot, adjust, and/or repair complicated instruments.
- Must be able to recognize abnormalities in the equipment and know how to correct them.
- Recognizes test inconsistencies and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Must be able to recognize any and all factors that could introduce error into the analysis. Such as if a body fluid has potentially been contaminated or collected improperly; rejects substandard specimens to maintain the integrity of the laboratory process.
- Performs quality control tests according to procedure and records data; analyses data and takes corrective action when results are outside of acceptable limits
- Performs common tests such as complete blood count, complete metabolic panel, electrolyte panel, liver function test, urinalysis, prothrombin time, and activated partial thromboplastin time.
- Prepares test reports legibly and according to the standards established by the facility; reviews reports for accuracy and clinical indications.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area; restocks daily supplies as needed; follows all laboratory and facility safety practices.
- Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in science, biology or other related field is strongly preferred and/or required per state regulations.
- Successful completion of a Medical Technologist program that is accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education (CAHEA); or equivalent training, education and experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a facility or a related field preferred.
- Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
- Current BLS card if required via contract or state requirement.
- Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract.
- Current TB test or chest x-ray.
- Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer