- Assists in the testing, moving, repair and adjustment of equipment problems associated with trouble reports andperforms routine maintenance
- Performs client-site servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s)
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures
- Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
- Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical Diploma an asset
- 3+ years experience working in a service environment with electromechanical device
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.