Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leveraging large internal and external data to provide insights to enable the optimal facts-based decision making process. You will provide both strategic and tactical leadership and direction for the existing data scientist as well as assess the organization's on-going talent acquisition, analytic methods, tool selection and development strategy. Your work will revolve around understanding complex business model, large and complex data manipulation, predictive model building, model validation, model deployment and ensuring all model documentation provides full model transparency. Responsible for building and refining predictive and descriptive statistical models to improve insights, enhance data-driven business strategies, and drive improved profitability. You would develop next-generation analytic approaches where current generation approaches are not adequate. You will review, direct, guide, inspire the analytical work of more junior staff. Responsible for driving change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results. Creates business strategy to focus on strengths, competitive advantage, and differentiation to support the overall vision of the EBI department. Incorporates broad knowledge to address complex, unusual, and critical issues. Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results. Recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities. Has direct involvement in business case development, project management and performance measurement. Demonstrates leadership versatility.
- Drive value in the broader business. Develops and communicates goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to align with multiple internal stakeholder departments and ultimately grow Comcast's operating cash flow. Applies a broad business approach to find and create value for the company.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Serves as strategic advisor to multiple functional areas within the organization (e.g., marketing, operations, care, etc.). Builds rapport with senior leaders to achieve departmental objectives. Works closely with legal and finance to ensure responsible outcomes. Exudes "executive presence" in both formal and informal communications.
- Promote cutting edge analytics. Evaluates, compares, and applies innovative quantitative research tools and models to answer difficult but critical business questions and build solutions to decisions with large impact to profitability. Enthusiastically ready to present, defend, discuss and debate the team's work as well as implications and recommendations.
- Manage cross-disciplinary team. Oversees multiple program teams that develop and provide customer, product, and business operation insights, and analysis to improve and enhance companywide decision making. Ensures the department implements and utilizes the industry best practices and technology required to provide insights, analysis and modelling for the company.
- Collaborate as part of the senior leadership team within EBI. Promotes transparent communication among management team.
- Command a good understanding of overall business, demonstrate in-depth understanding of predictive modeling life cycle, and architect successful projects from inception through implementation and ability.
- Work closely with a team within the products and content business units to identify needs, clarify business objectives and deliver data solutions that meet the needs.
- Lead efforts to define new infrastructure to extract, manage, and analyze data in a scalable way, and to make use of this data to improve our customers' efforts to develop best in class risk mitigations, acquisition engines, profitability algorithms, and new product enhancements
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced level proficiency with statistical, machine learning modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, supervised/unsupervised clustering techniques, experimental test design, etc.
- Expert theoretical knowledge of machine learning modeling techniques and advanced applied skills in developing predictive targeting models within distributed computing platforms such as Hadoop, AWS, Azure, GCP using tools like Spark, Scala, SAS, R, Python, Bayesia, H2O, Storm, Yarn, Kafka,
- Superior analytical skill combined with business discipline. Ability to perform insightful and actionable quantitative and qualitative analysis of the business.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects while meeting all deadlines, and manage people to achieve optimal results.
- Excels in a culture of collaboration, excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal skills-an outstanding ability build relationships, influence and navigate within a complex organization.
- Presence and self-confidence to interface and engage with the key constituents internally and externally. "Crisp" communication skills.
- Self-awareness, maturity, irreproachable integrity
- Master's degree required. PhD preferred
- Quantitative fields such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational Research, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer