QC Chemist I (Pittsburg, CA)
We are proud to offer an exciting Direct Hire Opportunity to work as a QC Chemist at a Contract Manufacturing and Custom Formulations Company located in Pittsburg, CA.
Direct Hire Opportunity!
Full Time, Monday-Friday day time hours, but must be able to work over time over the weekends!
The Quality Control Chemist is responsible for the analysis of drug products, drug related substances and active pharmaceutical/excipient residuals based on established procedures and methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct testing of raw materials, in-process materials, and bulk/finished products.
- Document results of testing on controlled documents including laboratory notebooks and specification sheets.
- Prepare or review specifications, quality control methods, certificates of analysis.
- Perform experiments to validate analytical methods.
- Prepare or review protocols and reports (including those for analytical method validation, cleaning validation, stability, out-of-specification results).
- Training of new analysts on established test methods.
- Carry out logistical lab functions such as cleaning glassware, inventory of reagents & standards, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Quality or senior QC personnel.
REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or equivalent experience.
- One to four years of related experience in quality control gained in a GMP or ISO 9001/13485 environment.
- Ability to read and perform procedures outlined in USP monographs.
- Experience with HPLC analysis, FTIR, UV-Vis, KF Titration, & Colormetric Titration.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Physical requirements include ability to operate a personal computer, automated office equipment, and to work at a desk in general office conditions.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.