Apex Life Sciences is looking for a Formulation Chemist for a well-known personal care company in the greater LA area!
This person would be responsible for the development, formulation and color matching of color cosmetic make-up products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Color matching of color cosmetic products according to marketing brief
- Development of new formulas according to marketing brief
- Developing batches from scratch[LP1] [LP2]
- Create innovative products to be introduced into the cosmetic market
- Improvement of the existing formulas that are currently being used
- Able to evaluate formulas, interpret results and communicate discrepancies directly to facilitate timely corrections
- Maintain clear and accurate records to all formulas, procedures, results and actions
- Contribute to routine laboratory housekeeping and miscellaneous day-to-day operations of the laboratory
- Meet with suppliers of raw materials
- Knowledge of and ability to learn a variety of raw materials and interpret their technical data sheet and MSDS
- Easily interacting and collaborating with team members
- Strictly adhering to a cGMP environment, keeping a lab notebook and following lab procedures with attention to detail
- Must be able to work until project is completed.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to formulate.
- Ability to calibrate lab equipment.
- Knowledge of rules and regulation (FDA, CTFA, PCPC) for formulation.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good computer skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule and be punctual.
- Knowledge of ingredient listing.
- Assist other Lab staff.
Prolonged standing; walking intra- and interdepartmentally as needed; repetitive motion; proficiency in the reading, writing and speaking of the English language