|Post Date:||Dec 27, 2017||Type:||Contractor|
|Start Date:||12/27/2017||Salary:|| |
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
CTG is hiring
Position: Data Scientist
Location: Eugene, OR
Length: 1 yr.
Perform organic chemistry syntheses in a manufacturing environment. Understand the written production documents and be technically capable of performing processes and procedures to maintain inventory of those products. Possess scientific understanding of team products and their applications, sufficient to complete the work, and suggest potential improvements to manufacturing processes.
• Produce and conduct analysis of reagents, components, and finished products in accordance with the manufacturing plan.
• Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials, WIP, and finished product; use advanced ERP functions.
• Analyze and interpret scientific data. Utilize specialized technical knowledge or skills necessary.
• Maintain communication with representatives from other departments and teams as required, including coordinating with other teams internal and external to operations to share resources; work across various functions as required.
• Actively participate in team activities (conflict resolution, team building, scheduling).
• Recognize manufacturing problems, identify variables, perform appropriate experiments, and recommend necessary corrections to manufacturing processes.
• Keep a clear, complete and accurate account of all manufacturing and product development work through the appropriate use of Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports, work order documents, and other appropriate documentation.
• Critically evaluate, revise, or create process documents; ensure that efficient, reproducible, quality manufacturing processes and documents are developed for new and existing products.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards in process documents. Continually strive to improve product quality through establishment of more effective or efficient manufacturing processes and quality testing. Effectively communicate the importance of total quality to the members of the team.
• Work to achieve department goals and business objectives with respect to quality, on-time completion of work, and safety.
• Seek additional training or education for career development (i.e.: attend journal clubs, meetings, and seminars).
• Submit data or articles for publication as required.
• As part of an investigative team, initiate and implement appropriate experiments to address failure of product or processes to yield expected results.
• Work with team members and planning/purchasing teams to develop and execute a manufacturing schedule consistent with master schedule requirements for team products; coordinate team resources to ensure the most efficient use of time and materials.
• Identify and interpret the scientific basis of each manufacturing process in use by the team.
• Participate in intra-team or inter-departmental problem solving teams as required.
• Actively participate in New Product Development /product and process development activities. Co-development with R&D or Manufacturing Sciences throughout process as required.
• Work with EH&S to assure guidelines are followed.
Key Skills Include:
• Solid technical writing skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently as required.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems.
• Proven ability to lead and provide work direction required.
• Work in a team based environment to manufacture research and commercial products that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry.
• Implement production and large scale manufacturing procedures to optimize processes and meet quality requirements. Actively participate and contribute to New Product Development and Introduction, process improvement and team management.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry (preferred) or equivalent disciplines. Minimum 2-3 years of manufacturing experience.
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.